Thursday, October 20, 2011

Steve Jobs: "I'm going to destroy Android"


Steve Jobs' reaction to HTC's 2010 introduction of an Android phone that shared many features of the iPhone. Jobs told Isaacson that Google's actions amounted to "grand theft."
"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong," Jobs said. "I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."

Jobs met with Google's CEO, Eric Schmidt who once was in Apple's board of directors, he told Schmidt he wasn't interested in setting for any amount of money. Instead Jobs told Schmidt, "I want you to stop using our ideas in Android, that's all I want."


Jobs' attitude against Android helps explains the lawsuits that have come from Apple against both HTC and Samsung. Both legal actions have resulted in countersuits as well as attempts to ban sales of devices around the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment